NDA – Dignity and Respect
National Defence Academy is an institution that has always been the first choice for every young man who aspires to become an officer in the Indian Defence Forces. Since the time the NDA academy came into existence i.e. December 7, 1954, it has given the best officers to the nation who rose to the highest ranks in their respective wings. The Union Public Service Board (UPSC) conducts the NDA exam twice a year in January and August. The NDA Science section is one of the most important topics to clear the exam with flying colours.
Useful Tips for Preparation
Preparation Tips for NDA Science Section:
- Know the Pattern and Weightage: To clear any exam, complete knowledge of its pattern and marking system must be known to the candidates. The NDA Science section is an important part of the entire syllabus that cannot be left untouched. Candidates must cover all the important topics from Physics as well as Chemistry to clear the exam.
- Review the Entire Syllabus: To clear the exam, keep reviewing the syllabus. The most important topics to cover in the NDA science section are Physical Properties and States of Matter, Modes of transfer of Heat, Mass, Sound waves and their properties, Weight, Simple musical instruments, Volume, Rectilinear propagation of Light, Density and Specific Gravity, Reflection and refraction, Principle of Archimedes, Spherical mirrors and Lenses, Pressure Barometer, Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen and Carbon Dioxide, Oxidation and Reduction. Acids, bases and salts. Carbon— different forms, Physical and Chemical Changes etc.
- Make Your Concepts Clear: Science is all about concepts, and to clear the exam, one must make sure his concepts are clear. Write down all the important formulas, laws and words to revise from time to time. This way you will be able to memorize all of them without even trying.
- Divide Your Time: Cover all the NDA science subjects namely: Chemistry, Physics and Biology. To do so you need to make a timetable where you divide your time between the three subjects and give more time to the one you find difficult.
- Do Not Underestimate Any Section: You might be good at one subject and bad at another, but never underestimate the one you find easy. Sometimes, candidates do so and end up scoring less in the subject of their interest. This will reduce your chances of selection. Make sure you practice and learn each and every subject.
- Previous Years’ Question Paper and Mock Tests: Keep solving the previous years’ question papers to know the pattern of the NDA Science section, apart from that also take online mock tests to get the feel of the exam. This last-minute NDA preparation tip will help immensely during the exam.
NDA – Tough nut to crack but Shaurya Bharat App makes it easy
The NDA exam is a national level exam and the competition is really high. While these NDA science section preparation tips will help you a lot but nothing compares to the full-fledged preparations with the Shaurya Bharat app. It is India’s leading defence exams learning app. It provides the best content to its students. The app has a team of highly qualified teachers who prepare every topic according to the NDA syllabus. The teachers personally interact with each student and give them proper guidance. The Shaurya Bharat app is a sure shot way to success, so without wasting your precious time here and there, download the app and start your NDA preparation as soon as possible.
To know more visit: https://www.upsc.gov.in