National Defence Academy – Alumni
Every year many brave and exceptional cadets pass out from the National Defence Academy India, who prove their mettle and worth by their incredible deeds. But, sometimes the academy gives the country the best of the best, some rare diamonds that make India shine brighter than a thousand stars. Be it their courage or their decisions, the nation benefits from it as they rise to write their names in golden letters.To know more about the academy visit: https://www.upsc.gov.in
In this article, we will talk about some of the most noted alumni of the National Defence Academy India.
- Vijay Kumar Singh: General V.K. Singh, a young boy hailing from the defence background, who always dreamed of becoming a part of the Indian army, . He rose to become the Chief of Army Staff in the Indian Army. In June 1970, he got commissioned into the Indian Army. He fought for India in the 1971 war and received the Param Vishisth Seva Medal, Ati Vishisth Seva Medal and Yudh Seva Medal.
- Rakesh Sharma: The first Indian who travelled to space, Rakesh Sharma was a cadet in the National Defence Academy India. Hailing from Patiala in Punjab, Sharma was commissioned to become an Air Force Pilot in 1970. He became the only cosmonaut from India. Upon returning from space, he received Ashok Chakra and Hero of the Soviet Union.
- Manoj Kumar Pandey: The hero of Batalik in Kargil War 1999, Captain Manoj Kumar Pandey became a household name after his courageous actions in the war. This young boy from Sitapur, Uttar Pradesh was awarded Param Vir Chakra posthumously. He was commissioned into Gorkha Rifles in June 1997.
- Anuj Nayyar: This NDA alumnus received the Mahaveer Chakra posthumously for his bravery in the Kargil War of 1999. Hailing from Delhi, he got commissioned into the Indian Army in 1997. He made the country win Point 4875 back. Winning back this point was tough because of the terrain, but his determination and valour made the country proud.
- Sandeep Unnikrishnan: Major Unnikrishnan got commissioned in the Indian Army in 1999. He lost his life while saving people during the 26/11 attacks on Taj Mahal Hotel, Mumbai. Major Sandeep received Ashok Chakra posthumously for his valour. He was an officer in the Indian Army serving in the Special Action Group of the National Security Guards.
The way to get into NDA
These alumni of the National Defence Academy India made the whole world salute their bravery. There are many more brave hearts who gave their life for the betterment of this nation. To become a part of this prestigious legacy, one needs proper guidance and hard work. The Shaurya Bharat app can make the dream of getting into the National Defence Academy India come true. The app provides the best educational content to its students. The team of highly experienced teachers make sure that all the doubts are cleared of each and every student. The e-notes provided by the app are carefully created and cover the whole syllabus. The app takes regualar mock tests so that the students can easily track their own progress.