The very prestigious National Defence Academy, Pune was established in 1954. It is one of a kind tri-service academy, which is affiliated with Jawaharlal Nehru University. The NDA exams are conducted twice a year. By cracking this exam, young boys get a chance to become an officer in the three wings of the NDA i.e, Army, Navy and Air force and Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC). The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the NDA exam twice a year. The candidates who wish to join the academy must know about the NDA preparation first.
How to prepare for NDA
- Prepare yourself for discipline: NDA preparation is all about instilling discipline in cadets. Hence, a selected student must start getting up early, do physical exercises and keep his mind occupied in productive work to prepare himself for the academy.
- Set realistic goals: Do not overdo any exercise in order to reach your goal fast. No matter how fit you are, you cannot achieve your fitness goals overnight. Hence, set day-to-day goals that you can fulfill and proceed accordingly.
- Meet a Doctor: Before starting your NDA preparation to achieve physical fitness, you should consult a doctor. The exercises and the right way to do them told by your doctor will decrease the chances of injury.
- Warm-up and Cool-down: Warm your muscles up before doing the heavy work out. The body needs a push to reach up to the high energy level. And once you are done give your body ample time to cool down before doing any other work.
- Time Yourself: Timing yourself is the best way to track your improvement. Use a smartphone or a stopwatch, time yourself daily and know how much you have improved.
- Drink Water: Water helps in flushing out all the toxins from your body. After a heavy workout, it is natural to feel dehydrated and hence, drinking plenty of water helps to keep dehydration at bay.
- Eat Vegetables: Vegetables help in maintaining weight. The NDA preparation teaches just the same to cadets. The defence personnel are weighted regularly to see if they are fit enough to serve the country. Hence, keeping a balanced weight is a must.
Clearing NDA written exam
These simple NDA preparation tips will definitely help you with physical fitness. Along with these, it is important to prepare for the NDA written exams. The NDA coaching at Shaurya Bharat app covers all GAT subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Social Studies, General Science, Geography and Current Events. Apart from these, the Shaurya Bharat App takes regular mock tests so that the students get a feel and pressure of the examination hall. The teachers also discuss previous years’ question papers to make the students familiar with the pattern of the exam. Taking NDA coaching from anywhere does not help as it is a chance that does not come twice. Hence, proper training from a reputed institution like the Shaurya Bharat App is a must to crack this exam.
To know more visit: https://www.upsc.gov.in