What is AFCAT?
The Air Force Common Admission Test, which is commonly known as the AFCAT exam is the most awaited exam among the defence aspirants. The exam is conducted by the Indian Air Force twice a year, February and August. This exam takes place to recruit deserving candidates for Flying (Short Service Commission only), Technical (Permanent and Short Service Commission) and Ground Duty (Permanent and Short Service Commission) Branches. To take this exam, candidates need to fill the AFCAT 2021 application form first at https://afcat.cdac.in
The AFCAT 2021 application notification will come out in the month of June, and the exam will take place on 21st and 22nd August 2021. The following documents are needed to fill the AFCAT 2021 application form online:
- Aadhaar Card
- Credit/Debit cards
- Marksheets of Class 12 and graduation/diploma/integrated post graduation
- Scanned images of photograph, signature and left thumb impression
Procedure to apply online
Candidates can fill the AFCAT 2021 application form in the following manner:
- First of all, candidates need to log in with their registered email ID and password
- Once that is done, select the type of entry, AFCAT, NCC Special Entry for Flying Branch
- It is advised to read the instructions carefully
- Click on the checkbox and proceed to the next stage
- Then click on ‘Application Form Filling’
After that, the candidates are required to fill in the following details:
- Personal Information: Name, father’s and mother’s name (will be auto-filled from the sign-up data), email address, secondary email address, nationality, mobile number, visible identification mark, CPSS/PABT status etc.
- Educational Qualifications: education level, graduation level, qualification degree etc.
- Course Preference: Flying, Technical, Non-technical etc.
- AFSB/SSB appeared candidates: full address, select State/Union Territories, select city, PIN code, nearest railway station, landline number, Aadhaar Card number
- Source of information for AFCAT
- GATE Score
- Communication details
- Upload Documents: The size of each file should be between 10 KB and 50KB and the images should be in JPEG/ JPG format
- Declaration by the candidate
- Select exam city
To pay the AFCAT 2021 application form online fees follow these steps:
- Once you have filled the AFCAT application form for the year 2021, candidates are required to pay Rs 250 as examination fees
- Payment can be done online through credit/ debit cards/ net banking
- Candidates need to click on the ‘Make Payment’ option to pay the fees
- Once the bank confirms, the payment status will display the registration number
- Candidates will receive the confirmation regarding the payment of the fee on their registered email ID and mobile number
Sure Shot Way to Clear AFCAT
The AFCAT 2021 application form is quite easy to fill but the exam needs precision and confidence. As soon as you fill the form, it is advisable to start studying as the negative marking can pull a candidate’s score down. The Shaurya Bharat App prepares its students according to the negative marking. The highly experienced team of teachers ensures the clarity of concepts to the students. The regular mock tests give students the real feel of the examination hall so they can manage their time and the pressure accordingly. The teachers also discuss previous years’ question papers to give students a clear idea of the AFCAT exam pattern.