Rashtriya Military Schools – An Overview
Rashtriya Military Schools are a well-known chain of schools that provides first-class education to deserving students across the country. Getting admission in one of the military schools is a dream of every child and his parents. These schools came into existence as King George’s Indian Military Schools. Earlier the Rashtriya Military Schools were established exclusively for the sons of defence personnel. The schools were renamed Military Schools in the year 1966. Its motto, ‘Play the Game’ got replaced with ‘Sheelem Param Bhushanam’ which means Character is the Highest Virtue, in the same year.
Entrance Exam – 2021
The Rashtriya Military School has declared the date of entrance examination for academic session 2021-22. The exam will be held on Sunday, 19th September 2021.
About the Entrance Exam
For class VI
It will be an automated OMR based exam consisting of questions from English, Intelligence (Reasoning), Mathematics, GK and Current Affairs.
For class IX
It will be an automated OMR based exam consisting of questions from English, Hindi, Social Science, Mathematics and Science.
Some useful tips
- Take a lot of mock tests during the last few days for good practice. Along with practice, it will also help to handle examination pressure and ease your nerves.
- It will give a look and feel of the examination hall.
- It will develop confidence to face the pressure of examination.
- Brush up important topics and formulae.
- Take a good night sleep a day before the exam so that you are fresh and relaxed to handle the examination pressure.
- Locate your test centre a day before the examination, if possible.
- Read the questions very carefully.
- Plan your exam strategy, give sufficient time and weightage to all sections. Don’t leave any section unturned.
- Know your weaknesses and strengths. Work on your strengths.
- Don’t waste too much time on a single question. If you are unable to answer, skip it for the time being and attempt later if you are left with spare time.
- Stay physically and mentally cool and calm.
- If you are not sure of answer, try the elimination method where you first rule out the wrong options.
- Last but not the least, there is no alternative to practice.
All the best
Shaurya Bharat family wishes you good luck for this forthcoming examination. May you succeed in all your future endeavors.