If you wish to join Indian Army one must be looking at a lifestyle which is different than any other profession. Army offers challenge, risky adventure, honour, prestige, self-respect,and to top it all the respect, and love of our great India. Army life is anfull of sanity and social order. Quality of life is an important character of Army life. Through this article, we have covered the Indian Army GD Eligibility Criteria & Selection Procedure.
ARMY GD ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA??
- Education Qualification: Class 10th / Matriculate pass with Minimum 45% marks in aggregate and Minimum 33% in each subject.
- Age: 17 ½ – 21 Years (Upper Age limit will be relaxed up to 30 yrs. of age (as on date of joining training) in respect of widows of Defence personnel who have died in harness.)
|Certificate||Height (in Cms.)||Chest (in Cms.)||Weight (in Kg.)|
|Candidates from Poor Areas||–||–||2|
- Medical Criteria:
- A candidate must have good physique and good mental health.
- The chest of a candidate should have a minimum of 5 cms of expansion.
- Candidate should have normal hearing with each ear and good vision in both eyes. He should be able to read 6/6 in a distant vision chart with each eye.
- Candidate should have a sufficient number of natural healthy gum and teeth i.e. minimum of14 dental points.
- Should not have diseases like deformity of bones, hydrocele and varicocele or piles.
- Soldier General Duty for infantry should have 6/6 eyesight.